[embed]https://vimeo.com/106883152[/embed] This week , I made a foam hand Puppet , it's really interesting even I spent a lot of time on it. I like it so much even it isn't what I designed before, but I enjoy the surprise during the process of making puppet.
I used foam, steel wool, fabrics, sponge, wires to make it.
We go to Moods Fabric in 37th street to buy a lot of fabrics, I like different fabrics sooooooooo much! Especially the vintage wool like Harris Tweed. So after inspired by those beautiful fabrics， I decided to make an elderly man in vintage style，with a shirt and tailored suit.
1. I used foam to make its head and use two pieces of hard paper to make its mouth(I think hard paper is not the good solution, because the mouth can not open and active freely, maybe next time I'll use foam to make its mouth)
2. Put fabrics on the foam head to imitate human’s skin.
3. I used piece of foam, rolled it to be cylindricality.It was the body of the puppet. Then also put fabrics on it.
4. I used two stick of foam to make its arm, each of stick into 3 parts——Upper limb，elbow，and forearm. Used an long wire to get though each of them, and put these 3 parts together. In its way, the hand can move and active freely.
5.Made a clothes for the puppet.
6. I used sponge and white socks to make its eye balls.
7.Used grey Steel wool to make its hair.
My partner made an crocodile, so we decided to sell sunglasses in our commercial advertisement.
Here are two actors! Elderly man and his pet Mr.crocodile.